Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Vacation!

We went to Bear Lake over the 24th of July and had a blast. We stayed for three days. We swam ate good food and spent time with my family. My parents, my sister Amy and her family, my brother Justin and his family, Dan's brother Mark and his family, and Amy's friend Julie and her family all went with us. We had such a good time. It seems like it is so much work to get there, but always worth it. The kids are already planning for next year. Thanks to Amy we always have a campsite, and everyone always knows what food meals they are cooking. Thanks Aim, you do a great job! After Bear Lake, Dan had decided to take the kids to Yellowstone. I was less than excited, for some reason I just couldn't get excited. I just kept thinking it's a lot of driving and new baby, and screaming kids, but all in all we had a great time. The kids did really well, only fighting the most when we stopped! Kourtney slept almost the entire time we drove, I would wake her up to feed her every four or so hours when we stopped, and then right back to sleep she'd go. Maybe that is an advantage of a newborn. She is such a good baby all the time. Kamrie could not figure out what was going on, she was just excited to get out of the car and do some walking. Thanks to her our admission into Yellowstone was FREE! Her disability pass from the fish and game ended up saving us $50. Hooray. The kids loved Bear World. I think that was all of our favorite part! The kids loved the bears and the rides, especially Kamrie. My favorite part was the NO CELL PHONE SERVICE!! What a great summer vacation.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Bear lake is always fun! I am glad that we get to spend some time together having so much fun.

April said...

Glad you had a great trip!