Thursday, August 27, 2009

Karly's First Day of Preschool!



Karly started preschool today! She was so excited she could hardly wait. She woke up and got ready so fast she had an hour to wait, with her backpack on. When we started up the stairs to the classroom I noticed her slowing down just a little, when I opened the door she hesitated for a moment. With a little push she went inside. Once we got inside the aides in the class said hi to her and that made her a little more nervous. So we found her hook for her backpack and then headed off for her to get started with an activity. The teacher had set out some puzzles, legos, or playdough, Karly chose the playdough. I sat her down by another little girl and the aide got her some pink playdough, even better, and a roller and off to work she went. I said "I'll be back to get you later, ok" she kissed me and said "ok, see you mom!" When I picked her up she was so excited she got to cut with scissors and walk with the rings and play on the playground and have treats. She said "do I have school tomorrow?" "No, not until next Tuesday." She was very disappointed. I have to say my heart broke just a little, not that I wanted her to not like it, but I was a little sad that she didn't even miss me! Really, I am glad she did so well, I was worried. I asked the teacher if she talked at all and she said "Not really, but we'll give her some time." She loved it and honestly, so did I!! I went to walmart with just Kourtney! I might get a little lonely for someone to talk to since now I'm left with just the baby.

2 comments:

laura said...

so fun!!! no luck with any room for addison? oh well, she'll have fun regaurdless! good luck karly!!

Amy said...

Karly is such a doll! Lori you are a great mom and you really should be proud of yourself. You have great kids. Love ya